The Spain-USA Foundation is assembling a cabinet of leadership committees whose members will support Spain House in various ways, and the campaign to build it. These include:
- Board of Trustees of top founding patrons from Spain and the U.S., with Spain’s Ambassador to the United States as Honorary Chair. The Chairman of the Board is David Vidal-Cordero, a distinguished lawyer and community leader in the D.C. metro area.
- Honorary Steering Committee of distinguished national and international personalities, including:
- Acclaimed tenor Plácido Domingo
- Actor Antonio Banderas
- Award-winning architect Santiago Calatrava
- Author Paul Auster
- Musician Paquito D’Rivera
- Notable Chef José Andrés
- Septime Webre, artistic director of The Washington Ballet;
- Enrique V. Iglesias
- General Secretary of the Ibero-American Secretariat and former president of the Inter-American Development Bank
- Cardiologist Valentín Fuster
- And others to be announced.
- Advisory Board of prominent Spanish and American cultural and business leaders who will help develop guidelines and recommend content for the center.
- Amigos de la Casa, a group of leading Hispanic organizations, including the National Hispanic Foundation for the Arts, the United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, the Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute, Inc. (CHLI)and many others.